Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Friday, March 22, 2013

Fabric yarn, Ellen? Really?!

A few weeks ago I went to the local fabric store to buy buttons and noticed that many of their light spring fabrics were on super sale. For example, buy 1 meter of fabric and get 2 free. Deal! The fabrics on sale were flowery with nice colour combinations and I got to thinking it would be nice to have yarn like this. So, I bought one, got two free, came home and made some yarn by cutting the fabric. Bit of a lengthy (ha!) process but I was delighted with the results. Nice for small areas but you would be driven crazy if you knit a dress this way! 

Seeing spring fabrics would naturally put you in the mood for Spring. Spring happened in our area last Saturday (not officially - just the weather). We haven't seen much evidence of it since, but last Saturday was splendid! We went out and about and took a few pictures. When we had driven as far as Holyrood I thought we may as well go further to Baynoddy and get some fleece. Glad we did. I got a close up shot of Henry the llama (who is a kind soul and did not spit at me!) and the sheep, who were close to the fence. Sheep are such great listeners. They look right at you when you speak to them and if you keep talking they keep looking until you get the picture.

I know you haven't seen Ellen in a while. That's because I haven't knit many things for her to model. That'll all change soon. Ellen has advised that if there's no work here, she'll have to move on. We can't have that now, can we? :-)

Dolly skirt hand knit with acrylic and cut fabric. The scarf is knit with just cut fabric.

We saw pussy willows on just one tree in Conception Bay South.
Definitely a good sign of Spring!
Some local activity at Long Pond.

Walker on the trail at Upper Gullies.


Seal Cove River

Henry!

Other llama and Louise the goat.
I keep my distance from this llama. I've been warned he's a spitter!

Sweet sheep.



No comments:

Post a Comment