Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Thursday, September 13, 2012

What's a Snood, Ellen?

Last post I promised I'd show you some pictures of Long Point Lighthouse, near Twillingate. When I took a second look I realized that I have only one lighthouse picture and it's not even the full lighthouse, so you just get a glimpse. Inside the lighthouse they have the whole Story of the Titanic set up around all the walls. John and I paid the $5 each and went in to read it. Very well done! It's similar to the one that's set up at The Johnson Geo Centre in St. John's. The trails and picnic area just off the road on the way to the lighthouse is very scenic and I do have pictures of that! 

In the meantime, while we are on the topic of lighthouses, Jennifer and I went to Cape Spear this week to do a photo shoot with a snood. Some of you fashion conscious followers will know what a snood is, but for those of you who don't know, it's a scarf/hood one piece combination. The snood Jennifer is modelling below is machine knit with Knit Picks Telemark and trimmed with Berlini Bunny Soft. (Yes, it is bunny soft!) 

Ellen did join us at Cape Spear, but it was the day before Hurricane Leslie landed and while she did have a sweater to model, Jennifer had to assist her to stand up to the wild wind.  Ellen is modelling a machine knit sweater that I think is a good berry pickin' sweater. It's knit with Berlini Mirage which is a cotton/wool/acrylic blend and would be very suitable for berry pickin'. You can see from the pictures that it was blowing a gale. We were okay with going home for a cup of tea.

The free pattern for the snood can be found here. I've named it "Misunders'nood." :-)




I'm not sure what this is. I just liked the way the light was on it with the bright colours.





Looking across toward Cabot Tower.  Leslie was coming our way!

See the blurry right sleeve - no way to keep it still unless we tied it on.

Close up of stitch pattern.

We all need a little help from our friends sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment