Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fort Amherst Finally, Ellen!

I've been saying for months that I am going to visit Fort Amherst which is just a hop, skip and a jump out the Southside Road. I finally had the opportunity to do that and got a bunch of pictures to show you.  Ellen stayed at home that day because we were in between projects. Not a happy camper about that! She's a bit sulky sometimes you know, but thankfully, gets over it quickly, especially when I let her try on the cashmere vest that I am hand knitting for myself. Of course, it's much too big for her, but no matter. She's delighted with it. I have the back completed and the front started. 

Jade Sapphire Cashmere is really divine. While I'm knitting I stop every now and again to pet it. Even when I ask other people if they want to touch it, they squeeze it first, then pet it like a dog. They can't help it! Speaking of dogs, I met a handsome fella at the Pond last Saturday. His name is Jake and he was super-friendly. I even got a Doggie Paparazzi picture.

And, we're working on another machine knit sweater just like Alana's from last week. That one should be finished by this weekend so Ellen will have something to do during the weekend.  Yaay!





A glance back while walking along the road to Fort Amherst

Former sea creature I found


Road to Fort Amherst

Part of the East Coast Trail start here

Lighthouse at Fort Amherst


Fog horn on top of roof

More fog horns above the brick section












View of Cabot Tower from Fort Amherst
(You can see the Signal Hill Trail along the edge of the cliff)


Jake

Mmmmmm..... cashmere




No comments:

Post a Comment