Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ellen at Botanical Garden!

Even though yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day, I had to stay inside in the morning because I was so close to finishing Mom's sweater that I couldn't do other things until it was completed. So I set aside an hour and finished it. Then, later in the evening we took Ellen out for a photo shoot. Too bad it was cloudy by the time we went out. But then again, cloud cover is good for portrait photography. Ellen thought she'd look better with filtered light anyhow!

It was around 6:00 p.m. and we thought that Botanical Garden would be a good spot for a photo shoot. I did forget that the Garden closes at 5:00 (I think). We stopped there anyway because they have some real nice flowers planted outside the fence and there's a little pathway across the road. It worked out just fine. 

Ellen is modelling Mom's cardigan that I designed especially for her. Mom wanted a cardigan with just one button in the top - kind of a wrap with sleeves. The cardigan is another example of what I call combo-knitting which is a combination of machine and hand knitting. This is knit with Paton's Silk Bamboo (70% viscose, 30% silk). It has a nice drape and feels kind of crunchy soft. Below are some photos of Ellen and the cardigan, along with some of the flowers planted outside the fence.

The sunflower is almost open - complete with spider web.

We will have to revisit the Garden to see what they have planted inside the fence.













No comments:

Post a Comment