Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ellen's Soul Mate?! + What's on the Needles Now!

A couple of weeks ago, one of the guys at work went to St. Anthony (on the northernmost part of the Great Northern Peninsula of NL) on business (and to take fabulous pictures of icebergs!). When he came back, he sent me an email saying that he thought he'd found a soul mate for Ellen. He said that if she was interested he could provide contact info. I took one look at photo of potential soul mate and immediately answered for Ellen saying that of course she was interested!  The Soul Mate has assets that Ellen doesn't have (arms and a head!).  Anyhow, as it turns out, Ellen is not interested in long distance relationships.  Can you believe it?!  Below is the photo that my co-worker provided.

After Ellen got over the shock of me answering on her behalf (we took her to Placentia - that helped), today she agreed to hold what's currently on my needles (with John's help).  I'm knitting the Catherine Purse from the book Knitting Little Luxuries by Louisa Harding.  Knitting it for one of my daughters who's getting married in October.  It's made from the same yarn as her wedding dress (that I cannot post until after the wedding).  Anyway, it's my first time hand knitting lace. I have to pay attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment